Vision & Mission
St. Lucie Farmers Market (SLFM) aims to promote regional growers and producers by providing a productive market place where local vendors interact with area residents and visitors fostering a sense of a community- supported economy.
SLFM will host events on a weekly basis connecting the community to local non-profits, businesses and other community entities
SLFM will provide a family friendly and safe environment, a community venue where locals connect and neighbors mingle.
When & Where
When: Every Sunday November through March from 10AM to 2PM
Location: Town Place located at St. Lucie West at 1855 SW Fountainview Blvd, Port St. Lucie FL
(Enter through Peacock Blvd off of St Lucie West Blvd.)
ST.LUCIE FARMERS MARKET Acknowledgement Statement:
Please review, complete, sign and return the application below, deposit of $25 and proof of insurance. Cash accepted or Checks payable to Montville Center Associates LP.
A $25 deposit of cash or check payable to Montville Center Associates LP is due upon signing the vendor agreement and will be put towards the first Sunday.
• To be considered as a vendor, please review, complete, sign, and email application to email@example.com.
• All vendor tents must be WHITE and 10X10. We reserve the right to disallow the use of a tent that does not meet SLFM standards. We will reserve and assign a spot for you.
• Vendors must have insurance and comply with requirements set forth by Department of Health, the Florida Department of Agriculture, and/ or the USDA, and obtain any and all permits and licenses required by local and State law, including, but not limited to a business license, vendors license, health department certification and/or any requirements by the City of Port Saint Lucie and St. Lucie County.
• Vendors who are found not adhering to SLFM by-laws and regulations of local and state laws are subject to dismissal.
SLFM RULES & LAWS
- All vendors must submit a completed Farmers Market Application and provide an inventory list. The submitted List will be reviewed at the time of application by the Market Manager. Each person must sign a statement indicating that he/she has read, understands, and agrees to abide by the rules of the Market.
- In the event that a Vendor would like to modify his/her list, an amended inventory list must be submitted to the Market Manager via email a week in advance for approval in order to sell this product. New items identiﬁed on the amended inventory list may not be sold prior to the market manager’s approval.
- Only Florida-grown, (preferably from surrounding areas) or produced items that meet all applicable local rules and regulations and approved by the Market Manager may be offered for sale.
- Only products certiﬁed USDA organic may be labeled “Organic”.
- If Vendors are required by local government to register with St. Lucie County or the City of Port St. Lucie for a retail vendor’s license and/or health department certificate, SLFM will require proof of registration/certification.
- There will be NO X-rated materials/adult entertainment, hazardous materials, livestock, alcohol or guns sold or anywhere on premise at SLFM.
- Vendors are required to carry insurance –please see Insurance Requirements in Vendor Agreement.
PRICES & SIGNS
1. Signs must be within the tents, not affixed to or written on tents.
2. Prices for all items for sale shall be posted clearly on a sign. No item shall be sold unless the price of the item is clearly displayed. Collusion among Vendors to raise or lower price or to exert pressure or persuasion to cause any vendor to increase or decrease selling prices is prohibited.
3. All Vendors are required to openly disclose and label the sources of their products.
1. If a Vendor cannot attend the market due to an emergency, the Market Manager must be notiﬁed at least 48 hours in advance via email/phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 954-290-4559.
2. Selling at the market shall begin promptly at 10AM, and NO selling may take place before this time.
3. Vendors shall arrive no earlier than 8:45AM and no later than 9AM to set up. Failure to follow this rule more than once may be grounds for disqualifying the vendor from selling at the SLFM.
4. Vendors must agree to sell and be present for the entire market open hours. No exceptions. Vendors cannot leave early. Vendors must vacate the selling area no later than 2:45PM and cleanup must be completed.
5. No Vendor shall engage in solicitation, collection drives, political or religious activities in the market. No loud hawking of items is allowed.
6. Vendors must keep the vicinity in and around their selling area clean at all times and remove all refuse and unsold items at the end of each Market day.
7. Vendors must be courteous to other Vendors and to the public at all times. Vendors and their agents, employees and representatives must maintain a neat and clean personal appearance at all times.
8. No Vendor shall smoke tobacco, drink alcohol and/or possess or use any controlled substance while on the grounds of SLFM at Town Place. There will be no sale of any tobacco or drug paraphernalia at any time.
9. Vendors must park in the assigned parking lot adjacent to the market.
10. Vendors can email their specials and highlights with pictures to Rose Sgarlato at email@example.com by Thursday morning for posting to the SLFM social media/website. The Market Manager will control content and allow for any space restrictions.
SLFM VENDOR APPLICATION & INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
ST.LUCIE FARMERS MARKET Acknowledgement Statement Please review, complete, sign and return the application below, deposit of $25 (applicable to January space fee) and proof of insurance. Cash accepted or Checks payable to Montville Center Associates LP.
Insurance: Vendor must obtain, on a primary and non-contributory basis, commercial general liability insurance, including contractual liability insurance, product and completed operations, personal and advertising injury, with limits of liability of at least One Million and No/100 Dollars ($1,000,000) for each occurrence and in the aggregate. Vendor must list Montville Center Associates LP., St. Lucie West Commercial Association, Inc. and City of Port St. Lucie as additional insureds to the commercial general liability insurance policy aforementioned on a primary and non-contributory basis. Vendor shall furnish Market Manager with a certificate of insurance prior to Vendor’s participation in the market.
Indemnification: Vendor shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Montville Center Associates LP and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective owners, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, lenders, sponsors, successors and assigns (collectively, “the Indemnitees”) harmless from any claim(s), losses, damages, liabilities, demands, liens, suits and expenses (collectively “Claims”) arising out of or related to (i) this agreement (ii) regarding any food being supplied to or purchased by customers/patrons of the market which cause illness or death (iii) any breach of any of the Vendor’s covenants or obligations hereunder, (iii) a misrepresentation made by any Vendor hereunder, (iv) the Event and/or Vendor’s use of 1855 SW Fountainview Blvd (v) any act or omission of Vendor and any Vendor employees, (vi) injury, illness or death of Vendor or any Vendor Employees, and (vii) any advertisement related to the Event. Vendor hereby releases Montville Center Associates LP and all Indemnities from all liability, damage or loss caused or relating from (a) any occurrence (including any injury, death or damage) on or about 1855 SW Fountainview Blvd or (b) any condition of 1855 SW Fountainview Blvd. In no event shall Montville Center Associates LP or any Indemnities be liable to Vendor for any consequential damages or losses of revenue or income and Montville Center Associates LP waives any and all claims for any such damages. Vendor waives any rights of subrogation against Montville Center Associates LP. The provisions of this paragraph shall survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement.